In this article you'll learn how to use the business valuation feature and how to adjust the assumptions in the forecast. We use a Discounted Cash Flow method to give your business clients an idea of what their business is worth.
Follow the steps below to utilize the Business Valuation feature and refer back to this article if you ever need to brush up on any details.
1. Select the company file you want to run the Business Valuation for and go to the Forecasting Tab and select the Business Valuation section.
2. To run the Business Valuation feature, simply click on the green 'Start Valuation' button on the right-hand side.
3. You will then see the company value listed in the center of the screen, with a breakdown and brief explanation of each component in the formula.
4. If you'd like to see and/or make edits to the assumptions the forecast is making, simply select the 'Update P&L Projections' button underneath the 'Start Valuation' button.
5. A window will then appear with a set of four steps you can make changes to modify the business valuation formula. The first question asks ,"What is the projected trend in your revenue?"
6. Next you will be asked how you would like to trend your variable expenses. You may select the default historical average based on your revenue margin or adjust the forecast by entering a certain percentage.
7. After that, you will be asked to forecast your fixed expenses. You have the option of either applying a percentage trend to all fixed expenses or individually.
8. Click the 'Finish' button to view your new business valuation estimate. At any time you would like to modify your assumptions, simply select the 'Update P&L Projections' button.
9. To generate a PDF version of the report select the 'Print PDF' icon underneath the breakdown of the business valuation formula.
10. Here you can download, email, or print a PDF Business Valuation report for your upcoming client meeting after adding in any notes.
That's all there is to it! If you have any questions about the Business Valuation tool and how it works, please don't hesitate to contact your dedicated account manager or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.