As you probably know, EBITDA stands for Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization. Give your clients a scorecard for how they are performing in these areas to improve the profitability of the company. Analyze trends and identify anomalies to enact strategies to their advantage from a tax and growth perspective. The following guide will walk through the key features and settings you have control over in configuring the EBITDA section in ProfitSee.
1. You'll find the EBITDA section inside the KPI tab on the left-hand navigation panel.
2. You will first notice two bar graphs, one representing EBITDA in absolute terms($) and one representing EBITDA in relative terms(%).
3. Each category is identified by a color that is shown within the bar graph. Green corresponds with net income, interest with orange, red with taxes, depreciation with blue, gray with amortization, and an other section is represented with a dark green.
4. Select the 'Manage' icon in the top-right if you would like to see which line items are being categorized in each of the different categories.
5. This is where you have complete control. Select line items from the 'Accounts' section on the left and drag them into the corresponding category. In each category, you will see the line items comprising the total. Simply click the 'X' to remove a line item from a category. Click 'Finish' when you are done making changes.
6. Beneath the absolute and relative bar graphs, you will see a color-coded analyst that will compare what's expected versus what's happened. By hovering your mouse over a particular line item you can see what was budgeted, what happened, and how they compare.
7. In the menu bar, you can control the insights being delivered by adjusting the acceptable variance, view the report monthly versus YTD, and generate a PDF or Excel report.
If you have any other questions about configuring EBITDA, please contact your account manager or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.