ProfitSee’s Three-Way Cash Flow forecast doesn’t only allow you to generate three-year cash flow forecasts, but also enables you to add strategies to the forecast. Learn how to modify forecasted monthly revenue and expenses.
Before starting to add strategies, make sure you already created a baseline projection. For more information please read the article Using Three-Way Cash Flow Forecasting.
- To add a strategy, go to the Forecasting tab, choose the 3-Way Cashflow Forecast and click on “Manage Strategy”. Our pre-built templates appear, and you can choose the strategy you would like to add.
- To see the impact on the cash flow forecast of increasing or decreasing the monthly revenue, click on “Monthly Revenue” and then “Add Strategy”.
- Add a description of the revenue increment and by how much the revenue would increase per month.
- Add a start date and the time this new strategy would need to start increasing the revenue (Ramp up time).
- For Gross Margin you can choose between Average and Percentage. If you choose Average, it is calculated automatically
If you choose Percentage, you need to insert a Percentage you would like to add to this strategy.
Once you are done inserting all the data needed, click on “Save”.
Now you are able to see all of the strategies you created under this category and you can decide, whether you would like to include them into the forecast or not by adding or removing the checkmark in the space in front of the strategy. If you would like to edit the strategy, just click on the pencil symbol and the template with your data opens.
- To add a strategy to the category Monthly Expenses, choose this category and click on “Add Strategy”.
- Once again, a template opens, and you are able to insert the data. First insert a description. If you are planning to decrease the expenses, insert a negative number. If you are increasing your expenses, insert a positive number.
- Choose a start date and the duration of this change of expenses and then click “Save”.
- You are now able to see all of the strategies you created in this category and choose which strategies you would like to include into the forecast by clicking the space in front of them and adding the checkmark.
- Compare the forecast above with the forecast below, that is including your strategies.
Thanks for reading! If you have any further questions, please contact your account manager or feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com.