With ProfitSee’s new function of Password Protected Reports you can protect the financial information in the PDF or Excel report of your client with a password when sending it via email. It is simple and easy to use and can be enabled every time, you send a report via email, including scheduled/automated reports.
2. A PDF preview will open and you will be able to choose, what you would like to do with this report. Click on “Send as Email”.
3. A new pop up window opens and you can now also choose to protect the file with a password by checking the box “Password Protection”. You can select the option to see the password if you would like to check what you’ve typed in. Once you’ve filled in all the information, click “Submit”.
The same option is available for scheduled reports under the section “Security”. To see how to schedule a report, please refer to the support article Automating PDF Reports.
4. Make sure you remember the password you have set, because there is no way to reset it. A pop up window with a warning will appear once you click “Submit”.
5. If you do happen to forget the password used, you can simply reset it for the according scheduled report in the scheduling and automation section of the Reports tab.
You can also set passwords for the PDF files in specific features.
2. Once the preview of the report loads, you are able to choose the option “Send as email”.
3. A new window will pop up. There you can insert the desired recipient, subject, text, and set the password for your report to protect the file.
The File Extracting Tool
If you need any help opening the file, you can use our tool for opening the archives.
2. Open the link, upload the file and insert the password you’ve chosen for the file.
Now you are able to open and/or save the file and read your report!