With ProfitSee's new Report Template Builder you are able to customize your reports completely and include all the features that are most valuable to you and your clients. Below, we'll help you create individual report templates that fit your needs.
Creating Your Own Report Template:
1. Log into your ProfitSee account and open the company file to generate a report.
2. Select the "Reports" tab along the left-hand side.
3. Click on "Customised Financial Report" to select it.
4. Click on "Customise" to the right of the Template box.
5. The Report Template Builder opens and you are able to choose from four preset report styles under "Create new" on the right side: Full Report, Summary, Core Financials or Performance and Analysis or create a completely new template by choosing the "Empty" button.
6. Once you have chosen a preset report type or "Empty", the customisation view opens. Enter a name for your new template into the "Template Name" box, and choose your branding. On the left side, you will see all of the reports included in your chosen preset report style.
a) If you have chosen the button "Empty", the section on the left will be empty and you can add pages from the Add Page drop down. Note: You will get a warning sign, if a specific report type you choose is not included in your license (See 6 b).
b) If your license does not cover all the report types included in the preset report style you have chosen, a warning sign will appear next to that report type. You can click on it and still add the settings, if you would like to use this template for another company, which does include this report. Or you can click on the "Remove" button or the trash can next to the page name, to delete the page from your template.
7. Once you have named the template and chosen your branding, you can start adjusting the other settings. Under "General Settings" you can choose the number of decimal places, how to display negative numbers and set the reporting period applied to all of the sheets.
You can also set the reporting period for each individual page. Just click on the desired page and pick the reporting period you want on the right side. In the right corner of the drop down, a symbol with multiple pages appears, if you set the reporting period of a page individually. If you click on the symbol, the reporting period of that specific page will be applied to all the other pages.
If you click on "Duplicate", you will duplicate the page and the same page with the same settings will be automatically generated and named page title_copy. You can now add the page to your needs.
8. You can delete any pages that you do not wish to include by clicking the trash can next to the page's name, or change the order in which a section appears by dragging and dropping. Please note that the Cover page, Table of Contents and Executive Summary cannot be moved and will always be in positions 1 - 3. If you do not wish to include them in your report, you can simply delete them.
9. You can also add multiple pages for the same report type and rename the page. You can change the name to the default name by clicking on the symbol next to the "Page Title" that appears, once you have changed the page title. Additionally, you can also change the reporting date. Note: You only change the reporting date for the preview.
While you are changing the settings, you can click on "Generate Preview" or on the button above the preview, to preview your chosen preferences.
You can activate the preview in every single page, to see what the individual pages will look like, when you generate your report with your unique template. By clicking on the simbol 1:1 in the middle, you can enlarge it to the actual size and then return to the default view by clicking on the percent next to it. The symbol on the right fits the page to its width.
10. You can also add a page called "Custom Content", where you are able to edit the title, subtitle, choose, if you want to have the date inserted to the page or not and add the desired content. To add the content, just click on "Edit Content".
Once you click on "Edit Content" a pop up window opens, where you can insert and format your content. Once you finished adjusting the content, just click on save you are already able to preview the new custom content in the report template builder.
11. Save your customised template by clicking on the "Save" button in the right corner. You can select this report style from the "Template" section at any time. If you click on the arrow next to "Save", this will generate a preview. If you do not wish to save the template you can delete it by clicking the trash can symbol or by clicking the "Delete" button in the "General Settings".
You also have the possibilty to check all the pages and settings included in your template by clicking the "Quick View".
A new page opens and you can check all the setting for single pages. If you do not want to change anything, you can save the template directly by clicking the "Save" button. If you wish to make some changes, just click on the "Close Quick View" and edit the desired settings in the report template builder.
12. If you would like to duplicate your template, you can click on the duplicate button next to the trash can and the exact same template you have just saved will be generated and automatically renamed into your template's name_copy. You can now make changes and save your new template again.