This article will show you everything you need to know to utilize this report to benefit you, and more importantly, your business clients.
The budget is one of the baselines that we use for all the risk analytics such as our 3-way cash flow forecast, scenario building application, and tracking real-time performance. This makes The Analyst™ extremely valuable as it gives an in-depth look at the variance from the budget.
If you haven’t already, you will notice the line items with the greatest variance will be displayed in the News Section of the Dashboard, whether they are positive(green) or negative(red).
Once you’ve generated and set up a budget in ProfitSee, head to the Financials section where The Analyst™ is the first tab and will automatically appear.
As you hover over a specific line item, you will notice a small window appear that shows you what your target was, what actually happened, and the difference between the two.
There are many ways to setup and configure The Analyst™ to your preference, including choosing your reporting period, selecting your acceptable variance, and emailing PDF and Excel password-protected reports to client(s).
2. You then have the ability to toggle back and forth between a collapsed view and the default expanded report.
3. You also have the option to view the report in percentages as the default is in dollar amount.
4. The Analyst™ is shown in YTD by default, but can also be viewed monthly.
5. You can then set up an acceptable variance through the use of the sliders so that you are only aware of the line items that are a certain amount from the target plan. There is one slider for sorting variance by dollar amount and a second for sorting by percentage; they can be in conjunction or separately.
6. Another great feature within The Analyst™ is the ability to add in scenarios to see what they will look like budgeted into the future.
7. After configuring your settings, you can even generate PDF or Excel reports to deliver to client(s) right away!
8. Generated Excel Reports will be downloaded immediately. For PDF reports, you will be brought to a preview page where you can add in notes, send as an email, or download.
9. If you are sending the report as an email, an additional screen will pop up prompting you to enter the recipient’s email address, a subject, and a message. You can even safeguard the information contained in the report with password protection!
That is a complete guide on how The Analyst™ works and can be a powerful tool for customized insights as to how the business is operating, what we had originally expected, and forecasting business planning scenarios out into the future.
If you have any questions at all, please contact your account manager or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.